Are you willing to spread the holiday cheer this year? Boston Tutoring Services is happy to promote organizations who help people in need. There are plenty of fantastic organizations that give all of us the chance to give back, and the holidays are always a time of year in which people need some extra help. Today we are featuring House of Hope, which provides shelter for 58 homeless families.
There have never been as many homeless families as there are now in Massachusetts. House of Hope (HOH) has a long-term commitment to grow their solutions-based programs and permanent housing services in order to make a real impact on ending homelessness in Massachusetts. Some of the services they provide include emergency food, shelter, and clothing for 58 families at four shelter sites; case management work with residents to assess their circumstances and plan for their futures; on-site behavioral and physical health support and referrals; a limited number of permanent housing units with rental assistance and supportive services; children’s services including a wide spectrum of outreach, intervention, engagement, and love; a structured employment-readiness program; and more.
Here are some ways you can get involved:
Amazon Wishlist: This amazon wish list has toys and gifts for babies, children and teens. These gifts can be shipped directly to the shelter. Follow the link above to check it out!
Gift Cards for Teens and Parents: The most needed gift cards are from the following stores: Walmart, Target, Simons Mall, Market Basket, CVS, RiteAid, Barnes and Noble, Dollar Tree, and Five Below. Visa, Uber, and gas gift cards are also much needed.
Shelter Parents: For those parents that are in shelter during the holiday season, HOH would love to be able to give them a gift. They support on average 65 adults at a time. They are looking for donations of $25.00 gift cards to Walmart, Target or Visa for each adult.
Basic Shelter Needs: HOH is always looking for donations of the following items, which can be in especially high demand during the holidays.
- Bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths
- Bed pillows
- Twin and full size sheets
- Twin and full size quilts (no comforters)
- Diapers sizes 4, 5, and 6 and baby wipes
- Toiletries (full size bottles shampoo/conditioner, deodorant, hairbrushes, bar soap, razors, shaving cream, lotion, pads, tampons)
- Paper products (tissues, napkins, paper towels, toilet paper, 7-12oz plastic cups, brown lunch bags, plastic baggies in all sizes)
- Snacks (granola bars, fruit cups, fruit snacks, juice boxes, crackers, cookies, etc.)
- Coffee, sugar and Splenda, non-dairy creamer, and hot chocolate
- New clothing for adults and teens (sweatpants, shirts, pajamas, packaged underwear, slippers, sneakers)
If you are interested in sponsoring House of Hope or if you need any additional information, please contact Edna Gustafson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-458-2870. All Holiday giving donations should be dropped off or shipped to House of Hope at 520 Fletcher St, Lowell, MA.
Donating to the less fortunate members of your community is a wonderful way to celebrate the holiday season. Please consider House of Hope for your contribution this holiday season.
To view other blogs in this series, click here.
Boston Tutoring Services